Thursday 5 December 2013

Scary breakfasts and desperate measures



I have not long returned from a super day out, a meet-up with people I would never have known if it were not for blogs!  I met up with Penny of 'The Hen House' and Ann of Johnny Jumps Up, along with Penny's lovely daughter Jess.   We travelled to Winchester for a visit to the Christmas Market, which I have to say was a little disappointing.  Just as well that the company and conversation more than made up for it!  Hopefully we will get together again soon!

As I have to go out again shortly, this has to be a super-fast post.  So I will share with you the tortured faces of my breakfast...


This was what I was met with every morning recently, from a particular batch of bananas!  I'm glad to say that just as I was reaching the point where I could no longer face such gloom-laden visages, a new bunch of bananas landed in the fruit bowl,  and my breakfast have since been guilt-free!


And the note recently left on our kitchen worktop by some house-elves...


PS The house-elves say you may copy this notice if it is of any use to you and you are not fortunate enough to have your own elves to put such a thing up...



10 comments:

  1. Sadly, my magic chamber has no door, just a wet hollow. I fear that if I copy your notice my cupboard would fill with dirty dishes until the last mug screamed...but thanks for the thought...said the mug! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your banana-faces made me laugh out loud! I imagine you eating with your eyes closed. Luckely your breakfastfruit is back to normal :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS getting to the point where I felt I needed not to look at the slices before popping them in my mouth!
      x

      Delete
  3. Poor bananas!!

    I was sorry to miss out on meeting up with you girls today, but I was just feeling too grotty. However, I'm glad I didn't bust a gut to get there to do Christmas shopping, sounds like I'd have come away empty handed :(

    You have very polite house elves!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed you too, and just hope you are feeling better very quickly! And as we didn't meet today, we'll just have to make another date to do so soon!
      x

      Delete
  4. I can never slice a banana again without thinking of those faces.

    It was lovely ( yes I use that word a lot as I told you ) to meet you today. The markets were disappointing but company .....lovely !!

    The first of many Blog dates I hope xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely be using the elf's poster for when the family come round for tea!!!
    Have just got bck to reading blogs after a hectic couple of months - enjoying your posts wery much
    xx Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The elves are pleased to think they will be of service to more than just me!
      x

      Delete