Sunday 30 December 2012

I love skiing but...


...while Mr U-t-B thinks that THIS is me...

(minus the raven hair and youthful complexion, but with similarly pinked-up cheeks)
Source: Pinterest


...I often feel this is more my style...


Source: Pinterest




(Mr U-t-B, meanwhile, is more like this...)



Source: Pinterest


So today, instead of gracing the pistes with my own particular brand of skiing, and with the internet where I am staying now back up to full strength, I thought I would browse among the wonders of Pinterest and bring together my love of skiing and my love of vintage.

Goretex and performance fabrics are all very well, but the skiers of yesteryear looked so much more stylish...



Source: Pinterest













Source: Pinterest



Source: Pinterest


Source:Zazzle.com










The equipment looked so much more attractive...












Sorce: Epicski.com



Source: Robertsarmoury.com

(Safety? Comfort? Who cares!)






And how about this for travelling in style?












Source: Pinterest




Apologies - spacing's all gone to pot!









3 comments:

  1. I would definitely be in a pile of snow, skis towards the sky! Everything looked so much more glamorous then! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stylish. Imagine skiing in a skirt!... and still looking that good. Fantastic pictures.
    Ellie x

    ReplyDelete