Monday 19 November 2012

Memories

If we could wind back the clock sixteen years, almost to the minute, you would find a rather larger than normal me dancing around a side-room in Frimley Park Hospital, whilst my husband slept away the minutes (in the bed intended for me!)   

I have to admit, I WAS under the influence of drugs at the time (a brief dalliance with pethidine) but my head was clear and the song on the radio seemed prophetic.  




In those days, they wouldn't tell you whether the baby you were expecting was a girl or a boy (I wouldn't have wanted to know anyway), but I remember thinking 'Is this a sign?'

As it turned out, it was!
Tomorrow our lovely Ellen is sixteen.










(There'll be hell to pay when she finds out I've put these photos on here!  Better have the Iced Gems and Party Rings ready to placate her!)

Happy Birthday Lovely Girl!

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your beautiful girl. Hope she has a lovely day.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thoughts had been going through my head just before I read your last sentence :) Good luck :) :) ... and a very happy birthday to your 'little girl'! (they never outgrow this title, do they...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your daughter.
    I don't think I would have wanted to know whether I was having a boy or a girl either!
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous girl - no wonder you are so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Girl! Hope she has a fabulous birthday ... aww, sweet sixteen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing Ellen a very Happy 16th Birthday - what a beautiful young lady she is :) Iced Gems and Party Rings, yum! I'm going to need a bit more than that to placate Hope when she realises I put a photo of her on Facebook, wearing her poor/mad/silly cow onesie, blowing out her 16th birthday cake candles!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She IS lovely !

    Jess was born in Spain - all the mums wanted to know but not me... the porter said to me, "What are you having ?" I answered " a baby " !!!

    Happy birthday sweet sixteen !

    ReplyDelete