Monday 15 October 2012

A Donkey Update

Mr U-t-B was back in France a few days ago, back where we'd been on holiday in the summer (lucky him!)

He was able to bring back something that made my heart sing.

Not patisserie.

Not chocolate or even cheese.

Not wine, Ricard or Birlou.

Not even a French sewing magazine or two.

No.

Photos of a very young happy couple...




Derek and Doris (aka Dou-Dou and Vanille) are now living happily together in the same field.

'Shall I give her a kiss for the camera?' he said.




'Oh, Derek!  I'm shy!' said she.




Doris is still a slim young thing.




I do hope her flanks will be more rounded next time I see her!





Thanks for having a go at my near impossible 'Guess where?' game.  Well done to Penny B for the brilliant and spot-on suggestion of army training grounds near Aldershot and Farnham.

In fact, we were at Caesar's Camp, only a mile or so from home.  But it felt like we were a long way away, somehow.  

9 comments:

  1. I do love donkeys.. were they rescued?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not rescued as far as I'm aware. I think Jacques (who owns Derek) has had him since he was a baby, and Doris belongs or belonged to a different farmer. Not sure if Doris will stay with Derek and Jacques now or if she will be heading back to her previous field once she is 'with donkey'. I hope she stays!
      x

      Delete
  2. Awww, cute donkey friends. I'm so glad Derek now has someone to bray to.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very first learnt to ride on a dinkey...I can only say it prepared me for everything that was to follow!
    A while back I decided that when Bruce and I stop riding I shall have a smart pair of driving donkeys- very Miss Marple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a wonderfully quaint sight you will be! How lovely!
      x

      Delete
  4. I adore donkeys & these two are gorgeous. We support the donkey sanctuary on the Iale of wight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what I needed to see this stormy morning, a donkey love story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes. A donkey or two will cheer up any day!
      x

      Delete
  6. I suppose we'll be hearing donkey bells or wedding bells or baby bells soon. Too sweet!

    ReplyDelete