Wednesday 1 December 2010

Winter reaches Hampshire

Although we have not reached the snowy depths of last winter, which saw Mr U-t-B skiing to work...


...and some amazing natural ice sculptures...


...it is cold and snowy enough here today to decide to snuggle beneath this...


...sit close to this...


...pull a pile of almost finished projects close to hand...


...along with a few supplies...


,,,and get cracking!

I often seem to get side-tracked from projects just when they are almost done - seems silly, but I guess it is the lure of some new idea, or perhaps because when I have an idea I just HAVE to get on with it asap or I might well forget what it was!

First finished were these.

More bottletop pincushions in festive colours

 Now at this point I must apologise for the fact that you may well have felt the need to flip your head to the side for that photo.  Don't know what is going on today, but the computer/camera/Picasa/Blogger (don't know who the culprit is - so many to chose from, all unfathomable) keeps rotating my photos without me doing anything!  Very frustratingly I have now spent AGES re-downloading them (crashing the computer once in the process) but it is still doing it!

Last ditch attempt is to take photos again, even if that does mean the nth climb down, then up, two flights of stairs.


YAY!  Success at last!


So second to be finished was a mini-matchbox cosy, and then a needlecase cottage.

Then this...

Sketch book slipcover

And last (so far), this little lady...

Russian Doll Brooch

Now to return to the quilt, the burner and the rest of the pile!

No comments:

Post a Comment