Monday 15 November 2010

A spot of shopping and some miniature sewing

 Last Thursday, I drove down to Worthing to deliver my school's 98 shoeboxes to the depot of the wonderful Link Romania charity which we support.  It was a shame it was such a horrible day weather-wise, as the route took me through some oh-so-pretty villages where I might have got out to stretch my legs had that not been likely to result in me being drenched, if not blown away!

However, all was not lost!  As I passed through Storrington, I noticed large and interesting Oxfam shop.  So on my way back I popped in! I picked up a huge woolly cardigan, three red place mats with sweet cross-stitched ducks in one corner, a tray cloth with some very festive looking berries and these two coffee cups.


They were behind the counter, so I hadn't had the chance to look at their stamps - I just liked them.  The lady behind the counter wondered if I had heard of Susie Cooper...


A bargain, in spite of the name!

Friday saw a trip to Guildford.  Shopping really isn't my 'thing' (unless in charity shops or car boot sales!), but Miss U-t-B had a half day at school and asked if she and two friends could go shopping for something to wear to the Christmas Disco. I wanted to find a little something for one of our neighbours who recently gave birth to a lovely baby boy, so drove them in and went for a mooch around.  

I found this for the baby...


Then this dreamy-looking book, which is a good read so far!  Yes, it is Cath K paper!   I hope they'll do more like this!


Then I couldn't resist these polka dot vintage-style decorations from Paperchase.


Saturday saw a trip to the local haberdashery for a selection of fairly mundane supplies.  but nearby is the wonderful 'Sailor Boy' charity shop.  Look what I found...




A £2 bargain!

Over the weekend, when I wasn't tidying the house in preparation for Miss U-t-B's birthday celebrations next weekend, I finally got round to making some bottletop pincushions.

 The Tyrolean colourway...


Pinks and lilacs...




Mossy green and yellow...


 Snowy theme...


Fiddly, but fun!  In fact quite addictive!  Will have to be stern with myself and move onto something different before the house is overrun!

Finally, a quick reminder - my mini-giveaway ends today!  Will be putting names in a hat later on - but there's still time to enter - here - if you wish!  everything is wrapped and ready to go...




1 comment:

  1. Wow those pincushions are tiny - and gorgeous! Love the Milly Molly Mandy post too, I loved these stories as a girl, need to try and find those old books in the loft so I can share them with my little ones.

    ReplyDelete